This island chicken sandwich is going to transport you to a tropical place with umbrella drinks, steel drum music and ocean breezes! Enjoy this fruity and spicy sandwich, but dont forget extra napkins!
- 6-8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Jerk seasoning
- Buns of your choice
- Off Kilter Mango Scotch Bonnet Sauce
- 1/4 cup butter
- Spicy Mango Mayo
- pickled red onions
- 6-8 slices grilled pineapple
- Favorite sliced cheese. We suggest pepper jack for this one.
Spicy Mango Mayo
- ½ c Mayonnaise
- ¼ c Mango scotch bonnet sauce
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 Tbs lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix spicy mango mayo and set aside.
- Season chicken with your favorite jerk seasoning, set aside.
- Gather other ingredients: toast bun, wash and set aside lettuce, pickle red onions (or use raw red onions), cheese slices.
- Grill pineapple slices and chicken. We suggest mixing 1/4 cup butter with 1 cup mango scotch bonnet sauce and place in pan on the grill. Once the chicken is nearly done cooking, dip it into the sauce a few times to layer on the flavors! Once you pull the chicken off the grill, place the sliced cheese on top to get all melty!
- Assemble sandwiches: spread mango mayo on the top and bottom bun, layer the lettuce, chicken with cheese, grilled pineapple and pickled onions.
Like things spicy? Add cayenne pepper to the mango mayo for an extra kick!